Netizens have responded with shock and mixed feelings to the latest girl group fan cafe rankings, with Girls’ Generation in the lead, followed by A Pink. In the latest girl group fan cafe rankings compiled by Herald Econ, Girls’ Generation placed 1st as the girl group with the most members in their fan cafe, followed by Cube Entertainment’s A Pink:
1. Girls’ Generation (252,185)
2. A Pink (131,365)
3. Wonder Girls (73,605)
4. Girl’s Day (71,566)
5. 2NE1 (66,181)
6. f(x) (59,119)
7. KARA (42,732)
8. Brown Eyed Girls (34,875)
9. 4MINUTE (34,168)
10. miss A (31,106)
11. AOA (29,610)
12. SECRET (28,707)
13. Lovelyz (28,563)
14. SISTAR (26,926)
15. T-ARA (23,802)
16. EXID (24,140)
17. Davichi (22,597)
18. Nine Muses (27,100)
19. After School (18,168)
20. Hello Venus (15,345)
However, while some netizens celebrated A Pink’s success with their large number of fans and international tours, many other netizens reacted with skepticism, doubting A Pink’s true fanbase.
Many were shocked to see that A Pink had surpassed 2NE1, who placed 5th, on the chart, stating that they felt Girls’ Generation and 2NE1 still surpassed any other girl group in terms of fan base and international recognition.
Check out what some netizens had to say:
1. [+1,131, -206] Tsk tsk.. in this generation, international fandoms are more important.. and the only ones with powerful international fandoms are SNSD and 2NE1 ㅋ
2. [+1,145, -264] A Pink is not on a level to be going on international tours ㅋ the only ones ready are SNSD and 2NE1
3. [+900, -158] How can A Pink be compared to Soshi and 2NE1? They just started international promos ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ A Pink’s doing fine with a fandom that size and holding their own on international concerts and live tours amidst large company girl groups already
4. [+631, -84] They’re both my favorite groups and A Pink and SNSD both respect each other so I wish them more luck in the future! A long running career is more important than any rank.
5. [+701, -231] What international tour with A Pink? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ How can they be compared to 2NE1, who is practically on a full time international tour?
6. [+176, -28] SNSD and 2NE1 are still unbeatable..
7. [+127, -9] I admit that A Pink has gone up in public recognition and that people are saying SNSD and 2NE1 aren’t what they used to be but I think SNSD and 2NE1 are still far ahead in terms of international fandom size and international recognition. They’ve just achieved too much in the time they’ve been active..
8. [+164, -47] SNSD is still relevant in Korea so they own the throne… but 2NE1 hasn’t been well received in Korea for a while so they keep promoting overseas, no? And A Pink is not funded enough by A Cube to go on international tours.
9. [+143, -30] A Pink’s on the rise and SNSD has been maintaining their popularity
Source: Herald Econ