BTS have gone from underdogs to worldwide stars, but they are still ARMY‘s “humble kings”. Here are 8 reasons why.
1. They’re rich and famous, but they don’t live the stereotypical “rock star” lifestyle
On March 9, Suga celebrated his birthday with ARMY by hosting a live stream. In it, he talked about Suga said that the “fancy life” people imagine and see in the movies isn’t his, or his members’, reality.
According to him, that champagne-popping lifestyle just isn’t for BTS.
2. They haven’t forgotten where they came from
BTS worked hard to get where they are today, and they remember what it was like to be amateur performers trying to make their place in the world. Jungkook proved this when he stumbled on a crew of street dancers covering BTS’s song, “Boy In Luv”.
When fans spotted him, he asked them not to draw attention to him, so that he could enjoy the performance and the dancers could have their moment in the spotlight.
3. They never take their success for granted, and they don’t let fame define them
According to Jin, the members don’t let their impressive number of award wins go to their heads. They’re still as gracious and humble now as they were back in 2013.
4. They acknowledge their imperfections and feel that there is always room for improvement
Maybe I made a mistake yesterday, but yesterday’s me is still me. Today, I am who I am with all of my faults and mistakes. Tomorrow, I might a tiny bit wiser and that’ll be me too. These faults and mistakes are what I am, making up the brightest stars in the constellation of my life. I have come to love myself for who I am, who I was, and who I hope to become.
5. They use their influence and wealth to do great things…
6. …but they don’t advertise their good deeds
BTS’s members tend to make their donations quietly. Many times their philanthropy only becomes public knowledge because those who received it bring it to the public’s attention. One of the best known examples is the time Suga secretly donated 10 kg (~22 lbs) of Korean Hanwoo beef to orphans.
7. They don’t suffer from “diva” syndrome
People often forget that these seven lovable souls are famous multi-millionaires because they don’t fit the stereotype. BTS treat their staff, fans, and everyone they meet with the utmost respect…
— ᴛᴀᴛᴀ𓍯 (@hertaetae) November 10, 2018
…even the paparazzi!
8. They never fail to let their fans know just how much they appreciate them
BTS always express their sincere appreciation for ARMY every chance they get because without ARMY, there would be no BTS!