2NE1 debuted on May 6, 2009, with the hype song “Fire” that took the girl group game in K-Pop to a whole new level. Between then and their too-soon disbandment in April of 2016, 2NE1 constantly pushed boundaries and proved that female K-Pop artists could be edgy and swaggy and powerful as much as any boy group. Here are 15 tweets from fans celebrating the 11th anniversary of the iconic group.
1. This tweet speaking of how 2NE1 changed the female K-Pop game
Today is 2NE1’s debut anniversary. It’s been 11 years since they revolutionised how kpop girl groups were marketed and percieved. In 2009, the girl crush concept was practically non-existent. It was either u had sexy or cute concept, and 2NE1 bridged the gap between the two.
— ‘Some Blacks’ Sam | Fan Account (@nobodys__angel) May 5, 2020
2. And another confirming that no group will ever quite be the same
The eleventh anniversary of Fire is as good an excuse as any to remind everyone 2NE1 remains in a league of their own pic.twitter.com/OF4zIVLK1E
— snidget✨ (@snidget2) May 5, 2020
3. This simple but appropriate response from Blackjacks
oh my gosh, its may….13 days til 2ne1’s anniversary pic.twitter.com/mBUEK0IlHl
— maryam🐘 (@fatenumber21) May 4, 2020
4. This hopeful tweet about something Minzy hinted at…
MINZY SAID SINGLE COMING IN MAY AND SAY LESS BECAUSE ITS 2NE1’s 11th ANNIVERSARY ARE U THINKING WHAT IM THINKING OMG 🤡
— 𝕓𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕡𝕒𝕤𝕒𝕓𝕦𝕪 𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕔𝕚𝕒𝕝 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟘 ³⁵ (@amkgzb) April 29, 2020
5. This post reminding us why 2NE1 are the ultimate queens
It’s Fire’s 11th anniversary!
Now watch the most legendary MAMA performance ever! Queens through and through!
— Skip~ (@ooh_sparkling) May 6, 2020
6. Another reminder of just how bada** they really were
— od (@ycso218) May 6, 2020
7. Fans are showing their love through their creativity!
okay i made clapped collages of 2ne1 since it’s the 11th anniversary of their debut today (or yesterday idk time zones) 🥺 pic.twitter.com/LsbWHnB4Mw
— cassiah⁴🍬 (@bloomliva) May 6, 2020
8. This wishful tweet for a 2NE1 comeback to show today’s idols how it’s done…
Happy 11th anniversary to my girls 🥺💗 Thank you for dragging me into kpop, showing me how to be a bad bitch, setting the bar for these girl & boy groups… Pls come back and save kpop 😭
#2NE1 #BOM #DARA #CL #MINZY #투에니원 pic.twitter.com/Zc79AIdJFc
— 🌩 𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖎 🌩 11 𝖞𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖘 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 2𝖓𝖊1 🌩 (@shxxb_ii) May 5, 2020
9. This poll to vote on which version of “Fire” was your favorite!
In honor of the 11th anniversary of the launch of 2NE1’s iconic career with their debut song “Fire,” let’s solve this once and for all!
— Tamar Herman (@TamarWrites) May 5, 2020
10. This tweet that a lot of us can probably relate to
yearly “happy anniversary to 2ne1, you are my ride or die, the women who gave me comfort in my teenage years and gave me an everlasting discography i listne to with fond memories” tweet.
you deserved so, so much more and better.
— Lola⁴ | 로라 ❥ (@Ozelot94) May 5, 2020
11. They may be disbanded, but never forgotten
i love 2NE1. And i will always love them. They’ve impacted my life for the better. And I will forever be grateful.
Happy 11th Anniversary. I will never forget you 💜 pic.twitter.com/bjniYpyKCF
— rey ☾ 🏆🏆🏆 (@g7aura) May 6, 2020
12. This epic mash-up to celebrate the big day!
Happy 11th anniversary to 2NE1!!! listening to my favorite mashup is in order 😌 https://t.co/GViOcdbIEw
— 📸 (@camboyten) May 6, 2020
13. Too hopeful?
2ne1 release smth group related for their anniversary challenge pic.twitter.com/EtbR7TLBev
— 𝙨𝙖𝙢˚* ❀ (@leejiboob) May 5, 2020
14. The big question though??
So like… what are we doing for 2NE1’s anniversary????
— +alι+ (@pocketgzb) May 5, 2020
15. And finally, this tweet sharing a bunch of 2NE1’s iconic moments!
— BlueRed_butterfly💙❤️ (@YenSuperio) May 6, 2020