Girls’ Generation Hyoyeon has recently been gaining the sympathy of netizens after “liking” a comment on her Instagram post, which claimed that Girls’ Generation-Oh!GG‘s new song “Lil’ Touch” was a flop because of mismanagement on SM Entertainment‘s part.
She liked the comment that claimed the song was a flop because SM Entertainment overlapped their return with NCT, while failing to do the bare minimum in promoting the song outside of music videos.
“‘Lil’ Touch’ is a complete flop. It’ll fall below #20 on Melon soon. Even so, [SM Entertainment] doesn’t understand the severity of the situation.
They should’ve avoided overlapping Girls’ Generation when NCT comes back on Monday. They won’t even be able to do album promotions so why mess up the promotion timing and come out on Wednesday?
They’ve been pushed out of the top 10 on Melon within 3 days so it’s not the time for self-praise. Other artists are utilizing advertisement portals, viral marketing pages on Facebook (LiveMakeus, saesora, Dingo Music) while releasing their albums through Naver live showcases and appearing on Idol Room. SM is not even doing as much as a small agency like Makeus. They’re not even promoting the Girls’ Generation unit. The hype was up in the beginning when it was announced Girls’ Generation would be returning but since they don’t appear on music programs, the song is going down and since they don’t appear on any variety shows or upload any dance practice videos, they can’t maintain their popularity and it’s failing.
Please take them more seriously…What good is it if only the music video does well? Please try to follow others who appear on popular variety shows like Point of Omniscient Interfere to promote even before their comeback. You’re even worse than Facebook viral marketing companies.”
Some netizens seemed to agree with the comment that Hyoyeon liked, stating that the girls deserved more publicity.
- “Considering they’re a huge company and they have the name value, the girls really didn’t get enough publicity. They basically just gave them an album ㅠ…”
- “It seems like SM was saying we gave the Girls’ Generation unit a music video and album so we did our part ㅋㅋ There was blatantly no publicity, no variety programs, no music programs. They’re promoting even less than the Donghae and Eunhyuk duet unit ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
- “She must’ve been so frustrated. SM sucks at doing their job. They should at least hire more people…”
Others encouraged Hyoyeon by listing the achievements they’ve made so far and adding that they were extremely proud.
- “OH!GG Lil Touch is a hit 🔥🔥 We are proud of you 💖 y’all did well 👑”
- “OH GG BROKE SO MANY RECORDS EVEN WITHOUT PROMOTION! GIRLS GENERATION IS THE BEST! THE QUEENS!!”
- “I’m so proud of you guys 😍😍😍😘😘😘”
- “WE LOVEEE LIL TOUCHH!! 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕”
Despite their lack of promotions for whatever reason, the girls have made some unbelievable achievements with their “Lil’ Touch” MV. They not only became the most viewed debut music video in the first 24 hours…
They also reached other incredible records, with the music video already having surpassed 30 million views on Youtube!
‘Lil' Touch’ MV ended 24 hours with 9 million views! 🍻
→ 8th most viewed MV by a K-GG in 24 hours;
→ Biggest by a K-GG of the 2000s;
→ 3rd most liked MV in 24 hours by a K-GG;
→ Biggest for a MV debut;
→ SNSD's biggest record (if we count subunits).https://t.co/PuVoGZmMPS pic.twitter.com/f3H7W68nhT
— SNSD Charts (@SNSDChartsbr) September 6, 2018
According to these achievements, it seems hard to see Girls’ Generation-Oh!GG’s “Lil’ Touch” as a flop! That being said, check out the music video below!