At the MBC Entertainment Awards, comedian and host, Lee Young Ja took home the Entertainer of the Year Award, but what she said about Yoo Jae Suk during her speech has netizens divided.
Following her expression of gratitude, she was asked to compare the other award candidates to food as an avid lover of eating.
In response, Lee Young Ja did her best to compare the other candidates to food such as onion and asparagus.
But when Yoo Jae Suk came up, she compared him to a tasteless cracker.
Yoo Jae Suk worked very hard this year. I feel like Jae Suk is a healthy cracker that hasn’t been fried. A cracker that’s heavy, but doesn’t taste good.
— Lee Young Ja
While everyone burst out into laughter at the joke, not all netizens were amused.
Some sensed shade in Lee Young Ja’s joke about Yoo Jae Suk.
- I feel like she was shading him.
- How rude.
- That same tasteless cracker won 16 grand prizes.
- I thought I was the only one who felt uncomfortable by that, but I guess I wasn’t.
Meanwhile, others accused the negative netizens of overreacting.
- They’re uncomfortable about everything. Can’t she make a joke?
- Just accept it as a joke.
- I think she was nervous. She was tense and ended up saying that by accident.
- I don’t think she prepared that beforehand. She just winged it and it went wrong.
What do you think?