MAMAMOO‘s Hwasa recently held a special performance for her hit song “Don’t” with Loco.
Hwasa looked drop-dead gorgeous in her red corset outfit that hugged her glamorous figure.
Not everyone thought her outfit was a stunning choice as a post began gaining traction when it criticized the length of Hwasa’s shorts.
“Even the front of her outfit is too vulgar but she’s wearing shorts that look like safety shorts. The bottom of her butt is showing ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
You consider that a stage outfit? F*cking sh*t. This is the worst stage outfit I’ve ever seen.”
— Korean Netizen
Some netizens agreed with the OP, claiming it was “too short” and “slutty”.
- “It’s so f*cking short…”
- “Why does she dress like that…”
- “She looks cheap. It looks cheap when girls reveal so much…”
- “She wears revealing clothes all the time. I don’t understand.”
- “It’s… too short…”
- “She has to dress slutty because her face isn’t pretty so she needs to show off her body to get attention ㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
Some noticed how she kept pulling her shorts down, and suggested that the label chose the stage outfit without her consent.
- “Her label loves to dress her in that style…”
- “Their stylist keeps dressing Hwasa in the shortest outfits…”
- “Her shorts kept riding up whenever she danced, so she kept pulling them down ㅜ_ㅜ I’m sure she didn’t know it would ride up like that either ㅠ_ㅠ”
Others defended Hwasa’s outfit, claiming she looks “sexy” as it perfectly showed off her “flattering figure”.
- “I don’t think it’s vulgar, I think it’s sexy.. She pulled off the outfit perfectly and showed off her flattering figure well. It’s perfect as a stage costume.”
- “Who the f*ck cares how short it is…. It’s not like she’s performing at a middle school talent show”
- “I think it looks great… Foreign pop artists wear something even more revealing!! I was actually happy to see that Korean singers were breaking out from the conservative norm.”
- “These kinds of outfits are common in other countries… How do we praise foreign artists for their clothes but ridicule Korean artists who wear sexy outfits?”
- “It was a solo concert for MAMAMOO and the fans, so I don’t see what the problem is. Hwasa isn’t a minor. Who cares if her butt is sticking out or not?”
Despite the split opinion, it’s pretty safe to say that Hwasa looked beautiful in her red outfit!
And Queen Hwasa can do whatever the Queen wants to do!