Pledis Entertainment was known to periodically “recycle” their outfits, but netizens have judged that they have simply gone too far.
A user of an online community uploaded multiple photos of Pledis artists wearing the same outfit and asked other users whether this was normal for entertainment companies.
Some netizens didn’t seem to care much that the outfits were being reused, pointing out that it was not out of the ordinary for agencies to do so.
- “Yea, sponsored outfits are usually recycled. They often overlap with celebrities from other agencies too…”
- “Who cares if they recycle”
- “How do you think they give the clothes back and forth between artists when they all have different stylists? They’re just styling them with the newest items, which are inevitably all similar.”
- “Even YG recycles their clothes”
Many netizens, however, agreed that Pledis’ recycling of outfits was nothing new and criticized them for it.
- “We all knew about this but this is pretty bad”
- “As far as I know, they’re the worst”
- “In addition to these, I’ve seen about 5 more here and there”
- “If that agency makes their artists go on a diet, I feel like they’d be doing it to make them fit the clothing size. This is the first time I’m seeing outfits being recycled regardless of gender, size or height.”
- “It looks pretty bad”
- “I understand if the agency doesn’t make much profit but doesn’t Pledis make pretty good money??”
In fact, this was not the first time Pledis Entertainment was criticized for recycling their outfits. Other netizens have also indicated instances of when Pledis Entertainment had reused outfits.
플디 의상 재활용하나????? pic.twitter.com/GmDGypzxKh
— 고기 (@gogi_plz) June 14, 2018
Moreover, netizens have criticized the entertainment company for their sense of fashion and the clothing they use for their artists.
this pledis family culture pic.twitter.com/PCtM89ciE4
— 아앙 🐥🍊 hiatus (@kyulwoos) September 10, 2018
플디야 교차편집의 묘미는 의상변화란다…3일 다 다른옷은 기대도 안하니깐 중콘만 다른옷 입혀주던지…셋리별로 블랙 화이트를 바꿔 입어주던지…교차편집 해놨는데 다 같은날인것 같은 이유 무엇…다음 콘서트부터 꼭 신경써주기~ 헤러두 변화주기~ 꼭이얌 ㅇㅅㅇ
— 여름🏖 (@your_ssummer) March 18, 2018
Dear Pledis, the beauty of stage mixes is a change of outfits…We don’t even expect you to change their outfits for all 3 days so at least change their clothes for the middle concert…or change the black and white for each setlist…I made a stage mix and it looks like they were all from the same day…please put in a little more effort in the next concert~ please change the hair as well~ please ㅇㅅㅇ
아 프리스틴 의상에 돈 좀 써라 플디
— (여) 토끼나라 홍차마왕 (명) (@yeo_myung) August 29, 2017
Spend some damn money on PRISTIN’s outfits, Pledis.
레드카펫 의상보다 공항 사복이 더 이쁘면 어떡할까요? 플디어린이 힘내주세요~ pic.twitter.com/tcDbjsr1W4
— 나리계옮 (@why_you_why_me) December 2, 2016
What do you do when their airport fashion is better than their red carpet outfit? Pledis, please try harder~
맞음 플디걸즈 찾아보다 의상 심하게 성의없어서 놀랐었다 pic.twitter.com/so2vtqbsJU
— 뎌 (@ntnlr) November 23, 2016
While searching for Pledis girls I was shocked at how sloppy their outfits were.