Rookie group GWSN has been releasing teasers and promotional videos for months leading up to their official debut album The Park In The Night.
“Girls in the Park” (gongwon soneo, hence GWSN) is a 7-member group, the first under Kiwi Pop. Its members are from Korea, Taiwan and Japan.
One member is standing out to Koreans because her concept is different to the other girls. Japanese Miya‘s short haircut, hair color and style gained attention for her “anime-like” look.
She also prefers to wear pants, while the other members are seen in skirts during their debut showcase and in their debut MV “Puzzle Moon”.
As the group began its public promotions, Koreans at first thought she was cosplaying.
- “I seriously thought she was cosplaying…”
- “Hul me too, I got the vibe that she’s handsome but she’s cosplayingㅋㅋㅋㅋㅎㅋㅎㅋㅎ”
- “Many critics think she has a ‘cosplay’ feel.”
- “She does look like a cosplayer tho”
Netizens commented that her hair style looks like a wig and her contact lenses and clothing added to the look.
- “What’s up with the hair…”
- “Her hair is so fake looking ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ And I got taken aback because her hair doesn’t match the clothes”
- “The hair looks like a wig.”
- “She’s cute but her hair is a big no, it looks fake and weird.”
- “If the hair was styled better then she wouldn’t look like she was doing cosplay lol”
While some thought she was a handsome, if not feminine, male.
- “She really looks like a guy on some picturesㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
- “She definitely looks like a guy from some angles.”
Many compared Miya to a Japanese idol and believed she had viral appeal.
- “She’s the typical person who would go viral on Twitter…ㅋㅋ But she’s not my style.”
- “She has that Twitter vibe going on.”
- “They have the f*cking same concept as Japanese girl groupsㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
- “I like her hair a lot. I was watching their fancams about a month ago and she really stood out to me. She doesn’t seem to be that great in Korean yet, but she seems like a talented dancer from what I could tell.”
- “As long as she’s happy with her looks, who cares. I like it tho!”
Check out Miya in GWSN’s debut MV, released today!