Sandara Park looked visibly flustered when she received a question about Park Bom during the press conference for Mimishop.
Park Bom’s alleged drug case has resurfaced recently on multiple Korean news sources.
The huge smile she had on her face as she was talking about Jung Hae In visiting Mimishop completely disappeared when a reporter asked a question about how Park Bom was doing.
We heard that you were in touch with Park Bom. Please tell us how she is doing!
The host blocked the question by saying that they will only be taking questions regarding Mimishop.
She remained silent and avoided any eye contact with reporters.
The question seemed to have caught her off guard as she stumbled through the rest of the questions she received.
Netizens have been criticizing reporters for being inappropriate at the press conference.
- What did Dara ever do wrong? Go find Park Bom and interview her
- Why the hell are they asking about Park Bom at a press conference for a program a**holes
- They’re not even on the same team togetherㅋㅋㅋsuch an inappropriate question at a press conference tsk
The hashtag #박봄제발내버려두세요, meaning “please leave Park Bom alone”, trended on Twitter as fans have been enraged at how the media has been putting a spotlight on the star.
This is really getting out of hand, really. This woman's career was ruined and she's already been forced to go into hiding since then (almost 4 years). How relevant is she to these people that this has to be brought up again (even though the truth is out)?#박봄제발내버려두세요
— 리사 aka JINU’s Soulmate ☆’.･.･:★’.･.･:☆’ 4 = SA (@cappucappu94) April 25, 2018
Can we get like the entire Kpop community on this? Mental health is not a joke and it’s real. These monsters want bom to serve jail time for trying to cure her depression#박봄제발내버려두세요.
— 𝖊𝖉 (@bomfansite) April 25, 2018
ELFs, please take time to support Park Bom from 2NE1 by tweeting the hashtag #박봄제발내버려두세요. Mental health is such an important topic and a very serious thing and we're often talking about. Bom is such a great girl that deserves to be treated with respect. pic.twitter.com/jX2tcp3lbD
— 엘 (@itsmeeellee) April 25, 2018
In response to these tweets, some Korean netizens have also begun expressing their frustration about the issue hoping that it would finally be put to bed.
- She wasn’t punished because she didn’t do anything deserving to be punished damn
- Please stop
- Is this really an issue that should be in the news for days?? She’s not even promoting in the industry right now~please just leave her alone~!! You’re all too interested in other people’s business
- What are they trying to hide this time by attacking the poor girl for something in the past
But many Korean netizens are still criticizing fans for trying to cover up for Park Bom and still believe that Park Bom should be properly investigated and punished for any crimes.
- Leave alone? They were much more lenient on her investigation than others. Admit the facts you fans
- Although we don’t know the situation in other countries, since it’s illegal in Korea she should be punished accordingly. But now that she’s not even part of YG who’s defending her? Anyway, reporters stop asking Dara stupid questions about Park Bom’s personal issues tsk
- Why should they leave her alone? She wasn’t even tried after importing drugs.
- To the fans who are defending her…it’s not right to defend illegal matters. Wake up already…